Re: [m2e-dev] m2e 0.13.0 not calling my lifecycle mapping or project configurator

Hi Igor

Thanks for the feedback...

On Sun, 2011-03-13 at 18:46 -0400, Igor Fedorenko wrote:
> Yes, lifecycleMappings and projectConfigurators are activated based on
> lifecycle mapping metadata. The easiest way to provide this metadata is
> via lifecycleMappingMetadataSource extension (see [1] or [2] for
> examples), but it can be provided via pom.xml file as well.

Thanks, I added the lifecycleMappingMetadataSource extension and a
lifecycle-mapping-metadata.xml to the root of my project (see attached)
but my project configurator is still not getting called: is there
something I'm missing?

> Metadata-driven activation provides several benefits. It allows m2e to
> create error markers for unknown plugin executions bound to project
> build lifecycle. It allows m2e to offer installation of additional
> required software. For example, when android project is imported, m2e
> can offer installation of ADT integration, if it is not installed
> already. It also allows more precise bundle activation, i.e. WTP
> integration will not be enabled for APK projects.

Neat, love the ability to offer installation of appropriate m2eclipse
connectors! Nice work!

> On a related subject, recent changes in m2e 0.13 make lifecycleMappings
> extensions necessary only in few advanced scenarios, when packaging type
> requires radically different behaviour. The only real example we
> currently have are Tycho projects, which require completely different
> dependency resolution and classpath configuration logic. In all other
> case we've seen so far default behaviour provided m2e is adequate and I
> would like to understand if ADT integration really needs
> lifecycleMappings and why.

Actually added lifecycle mappings on the basis of external advice, but
if I can just use project configurators happy to delete the old life
cycle mapping class, I don't think I had ever managed to configure it to
be called in the first place.

TIA...

--
Ricardo Gladwell <ricardo.gladwell@xxxxxxxxx>