Re: [m2e-dev] "Can't write workspace state" ..?

>> Latest m2eclipse gives "Can't write workspace state" for every save.
>>
>> Filling up the logs.
>>
>> Any ideas what that is about ? there are no extra error info.
> m2e logs are in <workspace>\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration - those numbered .log files - any more error details there?

java.io.NotSerializableException: org.apache.maven.project.MavenProject
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1164) ~[na:1.6.0_22]
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:1518) ~[na:1.6.0_22]
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(ObjectOutputStream.java:1483) ~[na:1.6.0_22]
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1400) ~[na:1.6.0_22]
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1158) ~[na:1.6.0_22]
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:1518) ~[na:1.6.0_22]
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(ObjectOutputStream.java:1483) ~[na:1.6.0_22]
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1400) ~[na:1.6.0_22]
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1158) ~[na:1.6.0_22]
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:330) ~[na:1.6.0_22]
        at java.util.ArrayList.writeObject(ArrayList.java:570) ~[na:1.6.0_22]
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor57.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) ~[na:1.6.0_22]

>> btw. any way to make m2eclipse less noisy into the main error log of eclipse ?
>>
>> It keeps repeating messages that really aren't error on every build.
>
> I guess u want to not see the m2e warnings in the eclipse log.

I don't want to see the Eclipse error log be filled up with new content for *every* build. Will make it almost impossible for users of m2eclipse to report issues
about other plugins which only send content to error log that *really* are eclipse level errors ;)

>  If that's the case, then change the log level to ERROR for the EclipseLog appender in the logback configuration:
>
> <workspace>\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration\logback.<m2e-version>.xml

Why not send this to a separate log and open a separate error logger on it instead of polluting the main one?

/max

Back to the top