[lyo-dev] Lyo 5.0.0.alpha3 release

Hello,

We’ve made the 3rd alpha release today for Lyo 5.0.0. Major changes:

  1. Upgrade to Jersey 2.35. See https://eclipse-ee4j.github.io/jersey.github.io/documentation/latest/migration.html#mig-2.30 for changes.
  2. Upgrade to Jena 4.2.0. After 4.2.0, Jena made two major changes: removal of the Apache HttpClient and changes to the SPARQL query processor. You’ll be able to check if these break your app soon in SNAPSHOT or when alpha4 is released.

As before, the recommended transition strategy: first, upgrade to Lyo 4.1.0, then switch to Lyo 5.0.0-SNAPSHOT. If nothing breaks, good. Otherwise, go back to Lyo 5.0.0.alpha1 and keep bumping the alpha version up until you encounter breakage. We will publish more detailed troubleshooting process later. Changes I had to do to the Reference Implementation to upgrade it from alpha2 to alpha3 can be seen in https://github.com/oslc-op/refimpl/pull/93 (not merged because we’ll wait until Lyo Designer Edge implements them).

Available from Maven Central immediately: https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/eclipse/lyo/oslc4j/core/oslc4j-core/5.0.0.alpha3/

You are also welcome to join the discussion on Slack (invite) or on the forum.

Best regards,

Andrew

Back to the top