Re: [location-iwg] Important: Top Level Project charter

You are having the same fun as I with with laying out scope; without quite knowing the background of your target audience has with respect to geospatial systems.

Suggestion, be a bit more clear how each scope point has a "LocationTech" flavour:
  • Developing and delivering location aware services for web, mobile, and desktop systems.
  • Storage, exchange, processing, and interpretation of the massive data volume encountered when working with spatial information
  • Apply Model based design in the context of geographic information systems
  • Aggregating and relating data from diverse sources using spatial (spatial intersection, overlaps and dissolve) and a-spatial techniques (such as geocoding)
  • The implementation of generally applicable geospatial standards (e.g., Open Geographic Consortium, ISO TC211, etc)
--
Jody Garnett