Re: [location-iwg] Minutes from Thursday's meeting

Thank you for the reminder Dave, I've added these important points to the minutes. Much appreciated.

On 04/23/2012 10:06 AM, Dave McIlhagga wrote:
Hi Andrew,

Thank you for putting this together.

A couple of comments re. the minutes:

1. One key piece that we had spoken about was forging relationships that can provide useful base public data - in particular thinking about the OpenStreetMap Foundation.

2. I think there was also genuine interest in eyeing a Version 1 of an Eclipse package that can offer similar functionality to Google Maps.

Thanks,

Dave

On 2012-04-23, at 9:43 AM, Andrew Ross wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to thank everyone who participated in last Thursday's meeting. We had a very good discussion. I've captured brief minutes here to capture the essence:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Location/April_2012

Some of the key items from our discussion included a method of determining which technologies the team/IWG are interested in investing in. Please take a moment and send me an email on or off list to let me know the specific technologies/ future technologies you'd like to see on our survey.

We had a good first discussion regarding collaboration with OSGeo.

Our next formal meeting scheduled is our face to face meeting at the Location Intelligence conference in Washington D.C. in May. http://wiki.eclipse.org/Location/May22_2012  If you haven't already confirmed you're coming, please do as space is limited.

Thank you again, and best regards.

Andrew

Back to the top