Re: [linuxtools-dev] regarding the dependency on spotify docker client

Hi Tony,

See below.

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 5:16 PM Homer, Tony <tony.homer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for responding Jeff.

My main concern is that the current version of Spotify has dependencies with unmitigated CVEs.

I’d like if Docker Tooling would use a version of Spotify without CVEs.

Of course. Can you specify which dependencies and versions?

I can fork both Spotify and Docker Tooling myself in order to get to compliance with my company’s software release policies, but I’d prefer to upstream changes if possible.

Would you be willing to make a fork for Docker Tooling to use which I could upstream changes to?

Yes, as mentioned in my previous note we can certainly do that for bug fixes and patches are welcome.

I’ll just be bumping dependency versions and fixing and making any related, required changes for compatibility.

Also, will you be attending EclipseCon next month?

Unfortunately, I am not attending this year, but Roland Grunberg will be there and perhaps he can meet up with you and discuss.  Roland is the
head of the Orbit project and also a fellow maintainer of the Docker Tooling plug-ins.

Tony