Re: [linuxtools-dev] Unable to set up Target Platform

On Sun, 2018-12-23 at 19:30 +0100, Petr Vyleta wrote:
> And the BusyIndicator is listed in the plugin dependencies, and I can open the source file of it manually, but in debugging, the source is simply not found.
>
> Now I believe this is some pretty easy to be solved issue, but I am in a dead end, googling is not helping me much. So again to repeat the steps I have done so far (maybe this way it is more clear what I have forgotten to do)
>
> 1. I downloaded the latest 2018-12 Eclipse for Committers
> 2. Clone the repo again, checkout master
> 3. select target 'linuxtools-e4.10'
> 4. Select API baseline to use the target platform
> 5. Add all opened projects to source lookup path in debugging

Hey Petr,

Sorry for the delay.

You mention "source lookup path", so are you attempting to remotely
debug an already running Eclipse application ? This is certainly
possible and very useful in some cases, but if you have the linuxtools
4.10 target platform set, and the GCov plug-ins you care about in the
workspace, you can always launch a "child Eclipse" using Run -> "Debug
Configurations..." and create a new configuration for an "Eclipse
Application". This running child Eclipse will be based off of the
linuxtools 4.10 target and contain all workspace plug-ins as well.

If you are doing this already I would try deleting or re-creating the
configuration in Run -> "Debug Configurations...". When the target
platform gets updated/changed, it can cause issues with the Eclipse
Application configuration sometimes, even when the Plug-ins tab
indicates it's launching with "all workspace and enabled target plug-
ins"

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg