Re: [linuxtools-dev] Unable to set up Target Platform

On Sun, 2018-12-16 at 17:36 +0100, Petr Vyleta wrote:
> Hello Everyone, I an mew to linuxtools and would like to fix few bugs in Gcov plugin which are bothering me, however, I am failing in setting the Target Platform - to be specific, I fail to download the required files. I suspect this might be a newbie issue, so let's go through the steps what I do in detail:
>
> 1. Clone the repo, import all projects
> 2. Preferences, Plug-in development, set target platform - here I select "linuxtools-e4.9" provided from /org.eclipse.linuxtools.target/linuxtools-e4.9.target
> 3. Click apply, see progress bar for few seconds, but end up with error red crosses next to all Locations mentioned in the target, with the error saying "Unable to locate installable unit xxx"
>
> I am using completely fresh install of latest eclipse 2018-09 for Comitters, new workspace, I tried multiple Wi-Fi networks, Windows and Debian on two different PCs and I am still getting nowhere. Searching for the error message o nstackOverflow and elswhere proved not to be really helpful (as the ultimate advice to remove workspace solved nothing for me)
>
> Does any of you faced a similar issue in the past, or do you have some suggestions what might be the cause?

Hello Petr,

The issue seems to be that
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.9-I-builds no longer
exists, and likely hasn't for some time (given that 4.10-I-builds was
recently removed since the 2018-12 release) .

If you replaced '
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.9-I-builds' with '
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.9' , that should resolve
the issue. I could definitely fix this in the repo as ensuring others
are able to do some basic rebuilds even if no official ones are
expected is a reasonable expectation.

With that said, you'll still need to be on a branch that can build from
the 4.9 platform version. For master branch, you would want to be using
'linuxtools-e4.10' .

Hope this helps,
--
Roland Grunberg