Re: [linuxtools-dev] [Docker Tooling] launch "default" docker machine "automatically"

> Hello Tim,
>
> If you have the DOCKER_HOST, DOCKER_TLS_VERIFY and DOCKER_CERT_PATH
> environment variables set in your shell, they should be detected by the
> connection wizard, which will then avoid the need to detect any active
> Docker Machine.

I think Tim wants an approach that automatically adds the connections
for the users at startup, or perhaps when the Eclipse Docker Tooling
perspective is launched. Basically, the user shouldn't have to enter
the information for their connections, or click anything, if our tooling
is aware of how to find them.

I think this would be very possible as long as it's a type of connection
that we "know about". So we could easily check/add
"unix:///var/run/docker.sock", "tcp:///127.0.0.1:2375", connections set
through env variables (that persist into new shells), any active/inactive
Docker Machine connection, and hopefully soon we'll support ADB/CDK
connections also.

The first step I'd like to see taken in this direction is an extension
point to allow contributing connection types, rather than us always
hard-coding common ones. This way users could also write very simple
plugins to define the info of their docker daemon connections, and as
long as that plugin is present at runtime, the tooling would be able to
load it.

Cheers,
--
Roland Grunberg