Re: [linuxtools-dev] p2 mirrors and <mirror-repo-name> maven property

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm getting inspired by how you handle p2 mirrors in
> o.e.linuxtools.releng-site/promoter.xml.

Hi Marc,

I wrote this script a while ago and based it off a similar script I remember
seeing in the Mylyn project. We moved over to CBI but there were still some
things we needed to do in between various publishing goals and most of it is
handled by that promoter.xml script.

> I see that you set the mirrors to a property called <mirror-repo-name> which
> is set to "updates-nightly".
> What I don't understand is where do you change that for a release build so
> that it becomes "updates-3.1" for example?
>
> Do you modify the artficacts.xml file by hand for the release, or do you
> create a special job
> that sets that <mirror-repo-name> property differently, or something else?

The process to do this is documented on our release engineering page [1] and
it's done manually along with the other changes that need to happen on the
affected branches [2].

If you wanted to make changes without having to commit them, I think it should
be possible just to pass the necessary arguments to maven. (eg. mvn
-Dmirror-repo-name=foo ... )

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
--