Re: [linuxtools-dev] TMF Hack-a-thon kickoff: file open dialog RFC

> Note that I did something similar to this in the extensions that I
> did earlier to TMF (the ones that I didn't follow through with
> properly submitting...)  In that extension there was the possibility
> of adding any number of possible data driven state system providers
> that automatically check if they can support the given trace type.
>  The factories for these state providers came through extension
> point, which is a nice way to do it since then the state systems can
> come from any plugin.

Yes, the idea of having modular plugins "bidding an integer value" to handle a format is excellent. How did you interact with the file dialog to show an appropriate icon for each trace, especially for directories? Did you find special hooks in the existing file dialog or did you write a new one?

Back to the top