Re: [linuxtools-dev] Luna release and Java 7

This plan is for Kepler I don't think it's update for Luna yet. Also this plan is for Eclipse platform not for other Eclipse.org projects and historically both CDT and Linux Tools required Java 6 long before platform.
If CDT moves to Java 7 Linux Tools would have to jump too unconditionally, if CDT delays it we probably still can require Java 7 or at least make use of it in our testing bundles as a middle ground. Everything up for discussion for now.

Alexander Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse team