Re: [linuxtools-dev] How to use the org.eclipse.linuxtools.perf plugin

We are very low on resources, that's why exported packages and classes are kept to the bare minimum. The thing is whenever we export a package we sign to keep it's API stable till next major release. It's not only that but in order to have an API all exported packages/classes need to be properly documented and so on. This is a lot of work which noone jumped in to do yet.
What I can suggest are following options:
* write your new features as part of Linux Tools perf and contribute the changes back - this would benefit more people and we will get one more contributor to make perf plugin even better
* write your new features as fragment - you would get access to all the internal classes but using internal classes means your tool might break on any update without any notice
* contribute to documentation and tests so exporting classes might be considered as viable option

Alex