[linuxtools-dev] LTTng/TMF live trace streaming support plan?

Hi all,

I have a use case where I have a channel of events that come in dynamically in a proprietary format in XML. For a proof of concept I created an adapter that munged this data to log files, and then I imported the log files into a TMF derived trace. This works OK, but this is NOT what I want to do really. What I really want to do is take these events and dynamically push them into a layer that serializes/persists them as CTF. So that when acquisition is done, I can then load this same trace and it is simply loading CTF (and be able to leverage other future CTF goodness).

I know that there is work on-going for live trace streaming for LTTng.  I am wondering what the plan is on the Eclipse side of this?  Is there going to be an component that manages the connectivity to the LTTng relay daemon and in Java does buffering/flushing to disk of CTF events?  Are there any architecture docs I can look at?  I would really like to collaborate on this.

thanks,
Aaron Spear

Back to the top