[linuxtools-dev] [TMF] Advanced statistics view

Hello all,

I have some questions about the current state of the statistics viewer inside TMF.

Recent developments have integrated the state system to the statistics view in order to speed up the queries.
At the moment, the information stored in this state system consists solely of raw event count.

It seems to me that more advanced statistics could be displayed using the same view and basic framework.
For kernel traces, I feel like CPU usage per process would be a very interesting statistic to show.

The structure could look like this :

Process #1 : 25% total
    -> CPU0 : 20%
    -> CPU1 : 5%

Process #2 : 10% total
    -> CPU0 : 10%
    -> CPU1 : 0%

We could also want the complementary information:

CPU0 : 30% total
    -> Process #1 : 20%
    -> Process #2 : 10%

CPU1 : 5% total
    -> Process #1 : 5%
    -> Process #2 : 0%

I would like to have the developers' opinion on this. Are similar features planned or have been discussed in the past? What major hurdles do you see?

As a user, I feel like this would greatly benefit the control flow view.

Thanks,
François

Back to the top