Re: [linuxtools-dev] pinning TMF derived views to a given trace?

Hi Aaron,

On 13-01-18 02:02 PM, Aaron Spear wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I am playing around with a LTTng viewer prototype that implements a view derived from the current ControlFlowView. I would like to be able to pin the view to a given trace, and in doing so be able to open multiple instances of it side by side.  I see a "PinTmfViewAction" class that looks like it is empty.  What is the status of this feature?  I am on the "kepler" branch.

First, you can start using the master branch again. The "lttng-kepler"
branch was for 2.0 features, but it has been merged back into master
last month.

As for the pinning feature, we did plan for one, but it was for pinning
in relation to time, ie you pin a view, and if you seek elsewhere in the
same trace, that view doesn't update its time range.

However, what you suggest is interesting. It would be similar to the
Properties view : you can create a new instance of the view, pin one of
them, then choose a new selection, and you get the Properties of two
elements side by side. We could do the same thing with the Control Flow,
Resource, etc.

We planned working on the time synchronization feature next month, but
after discussing with the team, it should be easy to expand it to
include both per-trace-pinning and time sync. So stay tuned!

Cheers,

--
Alexandre Montplaisir
Linux Tools committer