Re: [linuxtools-dev] Hudson job hanging on AllTmfUITests

Hi Roland,

When we run tmf.ui tests locally, it opens a separate Eclipse window in
which some UI functionality is tested (mainly for the Sequence Diagram
framework). Looking at the Hudson log, it ends on:

Xlib: extension "RANDR" missing on display ":108.0".

What I assume is happening is that the test tries to open an Eclipse
window, but either there is no X server on the Hudson VM, or there is
one but XRandR is not supported. I guess it's the latter, because there
seem to be 108 displays running already...

This is strange, because we've had these tests for a while (at least 6
months). Did the Hudson configuration change recently?

Would you prefer if we disabled the Sequence Diagram tests until we sort
it out?

Cheers,
Alexandre

On 13-01-17 11:08 AM, Roland Grunberg wrote:
> Our hudson job that tracks the master branch started failing a few days
> ago [1] on running :
>
> org.eclipse.linuxtools.tmf.ui.tests.AllTmfUITests
>
> After that all subsequent builds failed on running :
>
> org.eclipse.linuxtools.changelog.core.tests.AllTests (1220-1227)
>
> The problem with the Changelog Core Tests seems to be a prompt
> to save/no-save that blocks until an action is taken. Since the
> test itself attempts to save the resource, there is something
> likely going wrong there. I've disabled that particular test class
> until a solution can be found. (See https://git.eclipse.org/r/9729).
>
> However, now AllTmfUITests is blocking the build and I'm unable to
> reproduce the problem locally.
>
> What's stranger is that this isn't happening on our sonar instance [2].
>
> If someone familiar with LTTng could investigate this, or at least
> determine what could be causing this, it would be really appreciated.
>
> Cheers,

Back to the top