Re: [linuxtools-dev] Unified launcher for remote profiling?

Hi All,

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 7:22 PM, Roland Grunberg <rgrunber@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I guess we could have plugins that can run remotely use the same
> extension point, but some small changes would have to be made. I'm
> not entirely familiar with all the details about remote profiling as
> I haven't touched it in a while, but assuming a project is already set
> up on some remote machine it should be possibe.
>

>From that I take it as RDT is used as a default remote communications
framework, is that correct?
Right now remote run launcher/automatic remote debug launcher and
LTTng use RSE(which makes more sense in the embedded use case when
resources on the remote are limited to support native development
mode), and then there is also Target Explorer...

Are there any plans to standardize the remote communication mechanism
at least for the Linux Tools projects?
It's very painful for a user to set up 3 different connections to one
target to use 3 different tools.

Thanks!
Anna.

Back to the top