Re: [linuxtools-dev] Sonar configured for Linux Tools master

Hi Bernd,

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Bernd Hufmann <bhufmann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Alexander

I'm happy to see that Eclipse is now using Sonar and the Linux Tools
project is using it, too. It's a great tool to statically analyse the
quality of the source code. We (LTTng guys) have been using Sonar
internally for a while and I was responsible for the setup.

I noticed in the Sonar results at Eclipse that the test plug-ins are
also analysed. This can be avoided by adding an exclusion pattern to
the sonar properties. Just add
-Dsonar.exclusions="**/tests/**,**/test/**,**/stubs/**" to the
"Additional properties" of the Sonar advanced configuration section of
the Hudson job. Note that this pattern works well for all LTTng test
plugins.

Will this exclusion exclude from all checks ? I mean while I would like to see tests excluded from code coverage, it might not be good idea to exclude them entirely. For me tests are integral part of the codebase and should obey the same rules. So I can't decide myself what is better and I would love to hear others opinion and if the majority of contributors want to exclude tests I'll add the exclusions.

Just for curiosity, which code coverage plug-in for Sonar is used at
Eclipse? I always had to use JaCoCo for Eclipse plug-ins. All others,
I wasn't able to get it work. Please let me know.

Jacoco is configured in master to produce its results even if not analyzed by Sonar.

Regards,
Alex

Best Regards
Bernd