Re: [linuxtools-dev] pondering moving sdl / opengl docs into libhover

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the details. I'm reading the page you suggested. Being a newbie at this, a lot is un-familiar to me. Could you help out on these points:

> Libhover exension: ... Let's examine an example which specifies libhover help for the glibc C Library:

I wasn't sure how to track down the xml mentioned here initially, I managed to find it by:
- Browsing to my "eclipse/plugins" sub-folder
- Unzipping the "org.eclipse.linuxtools.cdt.libhover.glibc_1.1.0.201202152032.jar" file
- Opening the "plugin.xml" within it in a text editor

Am I going about this the right way? Or is there some nicer/easier way to browse Eclipse plug-in files/details within the IDE itself?

> C Library Data: The simplest form of Libhover data is for C functions. Looking at org.eclipse.linuxtools.cdt.libhover.FunctionInfo:

How do I browse to the code you mention for FunctionInfo. I tried the following:
- Unzipped "org.eclipse.linuxtools.cdt.libhover_1.2.0.201209191645.jar"
- Browsed to the "org/eclipse/linuxtools/cdt/libhover/" sub-folder
- Tried opening "FunctionInfo.class" in Eclipse, but I just see an error in the editor saying:

Could not open the editor: The Class File Viewer cannot handle the given input ('org.eclipse.ui.ide.FileStoreEditorInput').

I googled this online, someone mentioned eclipse can only view .class files if they are part of the current workspace/project. Oh, so should I unzip this jar and import it into an Eclipse workspace as a new project?

Regards,
Gurce