Re: [linuxtools-dev] Linuxtools unified launch

> Hi all,
>
> I saw a message from Jeff into CDT mailing list regarding unifying
> linuxtools launchers. If I understood correctly that unification is
> emphasized for local c/c+ although we now have remote capabilities in
> almost all plug-ins and, thus, I got a bit worried.

I think the remote tools we have should still work. The goal of the
unification that was discussed is mainly so that we can inherit the
launch configuration attributes from a regular C/C++ launch, and
potentially have the CDT delegate the launching to our tools in certain
cases (eg. the user specifies they want profiling).

Jeff could probably give a bit more detail on this.

> Indeed, it seems a great refactoring that should improve usability a
> lot
> and I just would like to check negative impacts (if any) in the
> project
> that I work on. So my broaden doubt is: what is the plan for unified
> launch?

There is a profiling unification we are planning for 1.2 which is
outlined here :

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Linux_Tools_Project/Profiling/Unification

All the plugins that will be contributing to it have been modified
to work, and this work is being done on the master branch. In most
cases the only change needed was done in the plugin.xml (with some
plugins needing the creation of a launcher).

Hope this helps,
--
Roland Grunberg

Back to the top