Re: [linuxtools-dev] Lttng2: isolate control view functionality?

Hi Anna

lttng2/lttng2.ui was created for any common features for LTTng UST and
LTTng Kernel. Currently only the LTTng Control View is part of it.
The control is independent from Kernel and UST trace analysis. Some
users might just want to use the control to configure UST tracers.

The the view was added the Kernel Analysis perspective of
lttng2.kernel.ui so that users of the Kernel Tracer can configure it.
We decided
to include the lttng2 feature in the lttng2.kernel feature. You are
right about that lttng2.kernel uses only the ControlView.ID to add to
the
Kernel Perspective.

I'm not fully sure what you want us to change. Do you want to remove
the dependency of lttng2.kernel to lttng2?
Please give me some more clarification so that I help you.

Best Regards
Bernd