[linuxtools-dev] Lttng2: isolate control view functionality?

Hi All,

Would it be possible to extract control view functionality into an
independent piece that could be dropped/added if needed?
We are considering switching from RSE to Target Explorer+TCF in our
product, but we would like
to include Lttng2 plugins.
I looked through the code and the only plugin that requires lttng2.ui
where the control view is located is lttng2.kernel.ui. It needs it
just to set up a view id for the perspective definition. (Please,
correct me if I am wrong here.) Could we replace it with the ID
string?
That would tremendously help.

Thanks!
Anna.