Re: [linuxtools-dev] How does Eclipse parse LTTng2 / CTF traces ?

Hi Martin

The LTTng integration of Eclipse as part of the Linux Tools project
comes with a CTF parser. The CTF parser is written in Java and hence
doesn't require any native libraries. I haven't heard of any other CTF
parsers than the Eclipse version or babeltrace.

You can use the Eclipse CTF parser standalone [1] or as part of the
Tracing and Monitoring Framework (TMF) [2]. Both features you can get
from the Linux Tools update site [3]. The source code you can get from
the Linux Tools repository [4]. Note, if you're interested what is
coming up for the Kepler release, then check the lttng-kepler branch.

[1] CTF parser standalone
For that, install the "CTF - Common Trace Format" feature.

[2] TMF integration of CTF parser
For that install the "LTTng - Linux Tracing Toolkit" feature. This
also includes the Eclipse feature TMF and CTF feature from [1]. Note
that this feature also comes with a remote tracer control for LTTng 2
(Kernel and UST).

[3] Linux Tools Update site
http://download.eclipse.org/linuxtools/update

[4] Source code
git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/linuxtools/org.eclipse.linuxtools.git

If you have any questions please let us know.

Best Regards
Bernd