[linuxtools-dev] Dropping legacy LTTng 0.x support

Hi all,

We are thinking about dropping the support for LTTng 0.x in the
TMF/LTTng plugin.

LTTng 0.x has been unsupported upstream for about 2 years now, and all
recent development happens in LTTng 2.0 (both upstream and in the
Eclipse plugin). We have kept it around for a while, but it's getting
long in the tooth. There are more and more places where we would like to
change the underlying framework, but can't right now because it would
break legacy LTTng.

LTTng 0.x support (both the trace analysis and control) would remain
available in the 1.x branch, but would be removed from 2.0. Of course
the last version will remain available in the Git history.

If there are any heavy users of the legacy plugin out there for whom
this support is critical, please let us know.

Alexandre Montplaisir
DORSAL lab,
École Polytechnique de Montréal

Back to the top