Re: [linuxtools-dev] Remote perf?

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Otávio Pontes
<obusatto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 06/21/2012 02:05 PM, Roland Grunberg wrote:
>>
>> This could certainly be filed as a feature request. I wonder if it
>> would make sense to have the plugin doing system-wide profiling
>> from within Eclipse though.
>

> Is there any Linux Tools plugin that does system-wide profiling? I know that
> it is possible to write a SystemTap script to do system-wide profiling using
> the eclipse plugin. But is there any other plugin that does something
> similar in lt?

No, because that gets into whole system debugging/management which was
never the original intention of the "profile my app I've already got
the CDT building" goal of the "enhance the CDT" aspect of the OProfile
plugins.  It doesn't mean it's not possible, but UX considerations are
important here.

Andrew

Back to the top