Re: [linuxtools-dev] RFC: Start using Gerrit for our git repos

On 06/21/2012 09:24 AM, Aleksandar Kurtakov wrote:
Hi everyone,
I'm in favour of enabling Gerrit for our repos.

+1

There are two options - committers will be able to bypass gerrit or not.

+1 too. I think committers should send patches to gerrit and wait for revision. Bypassing should be used only when really necessary. There are some patches really simple (like fixing misspelling) and some of them that are really urgent (like fixing a bug some hours before the release.)

For now I'm more in favour of being able to bypass to have some smoother transition to the new workflow with the eventual goal being everything to go through Gerrit. See http://wiki.eclipse.org/Gerrit for details and let me know of what you think.
In my eyes this is a must have for external contributions as it would make it way easier to track this contributions and etc.

Back to the top