[linuxtools-dev] What about a LinuxTools 1.1 release for July?

Hi,
We are working hard to let some of the linuxtools plugins working remotely and it is very important for us to have this in a stable LinuxTools release. Unfortunately, the IpLog for 1.0 release is already closed and most of the developers that are working on remote execution are not LinuxTools committers. Because of this, it won't be possible to add these patches to the 1.0 release. I talked to Alexander Kurtakov and Jeff Johnston about that and they suggested a 1.1 release for July, so we would have some time to work on remote execution and to have patches approved and applied before the IpLog process. And I volunteered to be in charge of the release.

The expected features for the 1.1 release is:
 - Remote Perf
 - Remote Oprofile (patches already sent, but in review process)
 - Remote Gprof/Gcov
 - Remote systemtap
 - Bugfixes in Systemtap

We are not expecting to break the api, so it will be named 1.1. Any other features will be welcome to that release too. I am planing this for July 20th, So we would need to have all third party patches applied before June 29th. Is anyone against this release? Or anyone have another suggestion of schedule?

Thanks,
Otavio Pontes

Back to the top