Re: [linuxtools-dev] 1.0 before Juno, 1.1 for Juno?

Yo,

Well, the LTTng "crew" is not too, too warm at this idea. The code is still in flux and not ready for 1.0 yet.

If you really want to release a Linux Tools 1.0, be my guest but:
- package LTTng from Linux Tools 0.10 (and re-live the TCF dependency blues)
- be aware that there will be no such thing as a Linux Tools 1.0.1 for Juno - it will have to be Linux Tools 2.0 (LTTng API breakage between 0.10 and 1.0)

All in all, I would not go for it... not worth the trouble. My 2 cents.

Francois

Back to the top