From: linuxtools-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:linuxtools-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Corey Ashford
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 4:49 PM
To: Linux Tools developer discussion; Andrew Overholt; Jeff Johnston
Cc: Greg Watson
Subject: [linuxtools-dev] PTP/RDT and remote linuxtools

Hey folks,

I have a prototype launcher for Valgrind working over PTP's Remote
Development Tools API.  I basically welded/hacked some code from the
AbstractParallelLaunchDelegate into the
org.eclipse.linuxtools.profiling.remote.RemoteConnection package.

Then I used some tabs from the Parallel Application launcher, the
Valgrind tab from linux tools, and then adapted the launch code to do
something very similar to what was done in
org.eclipse.linuxtools.valgrind.launch.remote.

I have it working, but I'm not really sure what to do with it as far as
getting it into a state where you folks could commit it, because I don't
want to break the existing RSE-based code.

One thought would be that since RDT is a layer on top of RSE *or*
RemoteTools, we could just replace the existing Valgrind launcher with
my new one.

The Application Tab in the launcher assumes that the executable was
built on the remote machine, and so it provides a file chooser for
choosing an executable on the remote machine.  You can choose to
download a locally-built executable, though, and there is a local file
chooser for that option.

Do you have some ideas about how we might move forward with this?

- Corey