Re: [linuxtools-dev] Trying to get the eclipse linuxtools to work - New problem

Hi Daniel,

Are you using the latest lttng-agent code (dated 2011-08-12)? This one has a fix for corrupted traces when streaming through the network in overload conditions. And it is very possible that the kernel traces produce more events than the network connection can handle. Even without corruption, you could expect a lot of missing events.

If the traces are corrupt, this can cause the libtraceread C library to have a segmentation fault. Unfortunately we can't catch that in the Eclipse java code, so the whole Eclipse dies, as you have noticed. It should leave a log in your Eclipse directory called hs_err_pid*.log. We sometimes can figure out where it crashes in the C library.

It might not be the type of markers to be disabled that makes a difference, but rather the fact that those markers generate a high load of events.

I don't think you should try importing a trace without its metadata. It's normal if that fails!

Best regards,
Patrick