[linuxtools-dev] Trying to get the eclipse linuxtools to work - New problem

   New problem.

   I've tried various combinations of traces between two machines, using writeTraceLocal and writeTraceNetwork.  All of the network traces, when imported into LTTV or the Eclipse LTTng perspective, cause the viewer to crash without any warning.  Eclipse's log(s) is(are) empty, it just detects "The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous session; refreshing workspace to recover changes" when relaunched.  I strongly suspect some kind of corruption of traces done in network mode, but I must also protest the very poor exception control that these tests reveal.

   Subsets of the network traces can be imported and viewed as long as the following sub-traces are left out: fs, kernel, mm, net, pm, rcu, and vm_state.  The remaining ones (block, fd_state, global_state, ipc, irq_state, jbd2, kprobe_state, module_state, netif_state, softirq_state, swap_state, syscall_state, task_state, userspace) appear fine.  The pm sub-trace crashes Eclipse's LTTng viewer for one trace but not the other (the two traces are of different machines).

   A (likely unrelated) problem is that if I try to import a "safe" sub-trace alone (without the metadata), I get an alert "Unrecognized/unsupported trace version: Library reported trace version 200.121 [...]".

   Should I file a bug report (or two) and upload one of the offending traces as a bug attachment?  Anything else I can try?  Any other way of validating the trace file contents?

Daniel U. Thibault
R & D pour la défense Canada - Valcartier (RDDC Valcartier) / Defence R&D Canada - Valcartier (DRDC Valcartier)
Système de systèmes (SdS) / System of Systems (SoS)
Solutions informatiques et expérimentations (SIE) / Computing Solutions and Experimentations (CSE)
2459 Boul. Pie XI Nord
Québec, QC  G3J 1X5
CANADA
Vox : (418) 844-4000 x4245
Fax : (418) 844-4538
NAC: 918V QSDJ
Gouvernement du Canada / Government of Canada
<http://www.valcartier.drdc-rddc.gc.ca/>

Back to the top