Re: [linuxtools-dev] Can't get manual oprofile to work

> Hi,
>
> I tried to test the manual oprofile but I couldn't make it work. The
> help documentation doesn't give me clear instruction on how to run it
> properly, so I might be missing something here. Steps to reproduce the
> problem I am facing:
>
> 1- Profile as -> Profile with Oprofile (Manual)
> 2- Control dialog pop-up. Hit 'Start daemon'
> 3- Hit 'Reset session'. The message "No profiling data is on the
> system"
> is shown on oprofile output panel.
>
> I see following error on eclipse log:
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.linuxtools.oprofile.core 4 0 2011-09-09
> 13:57:35.090
> !MESSAGE opreport process error output: opreport error: No sample file
> found: try running opcontrol --dump
> or specify a session containing sample files

Once you have started the daemon, you need to right click on your project and
run it. After that you should be able to see some samples having been collected.
If not, try stopping the Daemon and check again. The 'Reset session' button just
clears out the current session data. This is confirmed by the error, indicating
no samples were found.

The basic workflow would be something like Start, Run Binary, Refresh, Stop or
Start, Run Binary, Stop, Refresh.

Hope this helps,
--
Roland Grunberg