[linuxtools-dev] Can't get manual oprofile to work

Hi,

I tried to test the manual oprofile but I couldn't make it work. The help documentation doesn't give me clear instruction on how to run it properly, so I might be missing something here. Steps to reproduce the problem I am facing:

1- Profile as -> Profile with Oprofile (Manual)
2- Control dialog pop-up. Hit 'Start daemon'
3- Hit 'Reset session'. The message "No profiling data is on the system" is shown on oprofile output panel.

I see following error on eclipse log:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.linuxtools.oprofile.core 4 0 2011-09-09 13:57:35.090
!MESSAGE opreport process error output: opreport error: No sample file found: try running opcontrol --dump
or specify a session containing sample files

Any clue on what is going on?

- Wainer

Back to the top