Subject: Re: [linuxtools-dev] Building Eclipse with only Java 7
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 08:18:32 +0100
From: Michael Tautschnig <mt@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: linuxtools-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: Niels Thykier <niels@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,

[...]
> > The only consequence of this is that I had to make sat4j build 1.5-level
> > bytecode.  For all practical Linux distribution purposes, anything < 1.5
> > isn't important so I don't see a problem with this.  It does, however,
> > mean that eclipse-build consumers must have a system org.sat4j.pb JAR
> > that contains 1.5-level bytecode.  Is this a problem for distributions
> > other than Fedora?

[...]
> Debian has had some issues with getting 3.7 to work, so I have not had
> time to look at this.  As far as a brief investigation told me, Debian's
> sat4j package appears to be compiled with 1.4 (debian/ant.properties).
>   I have CC'ed the maintainer of sat4j in Debian, Michael, who I hope
> can comment on whether using 1.5 will cause for Debian.

I wouldn't expect any problems of this kind; this is merely a
reminiscence of
the good old days where we didn't have a 1.5 compatible tool chain on all
architectures.

Niels, all, should I just go ahead and update sat4j in this regard and
let you
know about the new version number?

Best,
Michael

PS.: Please CC me on replies, I'm not subscribed.