Re: [linuxtools-dev] Synchronizing feature versions < 1.0.0

On 16:56:20 Tuesday 16 August 2011 Andrew Overholt wrote:
> * akurtakov <akurtakov@xxxxxxxxx> [2011-08-16 03:05]:
> > It's not that hard for someone to run e.g.
> > mvn tycho-versions:set-version -DnewVersion=0.9.0 just before tagging and
> > mvn tycho-versions:set-version -DnewVersion=0.9.1-SNAPSHOT for the
> > next release after tagging
>
> Is this what should be done each release?  How should we align the
> feature versions?

Yes this would need to be done for each release. Once there is full maven-
release counterpart this would be automated by release:prepare and release
perform.
I don't understand the question about aligning the features. Do we want them
to be the same as the release version?
If yes I would propose every module maintainer or some developer doing that
prerelease notifying release engineer this way that the module is ready for
release if it's not done we drop it from the release. How does this sound?

Alex