Re: [linuxtools-dev] Linux tools 0.9 release

On 08/12/2011 10:11 AM, Andrew Overholt wrote:
Hi,

* Wainer dos Santos Moschetta<wainersm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  [2011-08-12 08:56]:
On 08/09/2011 11:33 AM, Andrew Overholt wrote:
So what do others think about releasing 0.9 at the end of October?
This way it won't disrupt 0.8.1 bugfix release, give us a few months more for
development and a press coverage just before ESE.
I like this, but we'll need to ensure it's on our plan so that others
know it's happening.

   http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=technology.linux-distros

(that's driven by the file project-info/plan.xml in our website CVS
repository (yes, it'll move to git "soon" but it's not up to us and I
don't know when))
Is 0.9 really being released by end of October or the plan isn't close yet?
No one has responded except me :)

Ok, will wait others to respond. :)
As far as I know this project hasn't had bugfix releases. Are you
planning to have bugfix releases from now on?
What Alex is proposing is:

0.8.1 bugfix release for Indigo SR1 in September
0.9.0 at end of October
0.9.1 bugfix release for Indigo SR2 in February
1.0.0 in June 2012 for Juno

Is this disruptive to you as a contributor/adopter?

No, it isn't disruptive. Release early, release often works pretty well to me.

I'm just asking because the project I work on is planning to move from Linux Tool 0.7 to 0.8 by end of October and, depending of next releases dates, it could move to 0.8.1 or even 0.9.

Moreover, the early we got freeze dates for contributions, the better we can plan our patches submission.

Andrew