Re: [linuxtools-dev] oprofile on remote targets

On Tuesday, June 14, 2011 02:23:29 Jeff Johnston wrote:
> >> So I'm a bit confused about RSE and TCF. I got the impression that we
> >> can use RSE which uses TCF underneath. Do you see the oprofile plugins
> >> directly having a dependency on TCF or only on RSE?
> >
> > I would like to second this question.
>
> Sorry for the confusion.  RSE can use TCF underneath.  From the
> perspective of coding a remote OProfile solution, you and Anna are
> correct in that this should be done via RSE.

Actually, we have OProfile remote solution in development, using RSE. It
presently appears to mostly work. It should be said that
is not really a matter of tweaking a couple things. We ended up changing
quite a lot of code. Also, our solution is somewhat tied with our IDE,
and in particular expects to find some specific attributes in launch
config (but only a few).

We'll be happy to provide most of the patches if that's helpful --
just let me know what is the best process. Creating an issue in
bugzilla?

Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery / Mentor Graphics
+7 (812) 677-68-40