Re: [linuxtools-dev] Alternative LTTng TMF Eclipse Plugin Input Formats

On 05/27/2011 04:45 PM, Patrick Tassé wrote:
Hi Chris,

In the 0.3.0 release the custom parser wizards didn't work because the icons directory structure was changed and the code wasn't updated to reflect the path changes, causing NPE's.

I would suggest you to download the latest source code from git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/linuxtools/org.eclipse.linuxtools.git (all lttng/org.eclipse.linuxtools.lttng.* and lttng/org.eclipse.linuxtools.tmf.* plugins). You'll have to Run it as a new Eclipse Application.

You would then also benefit from all the cool new TMF features (searching, filtering, ...).

Note that custom parsers will not work in the LTTng perspective views, you will have to manually open the views in the Others > TMF category. By the way there is a well-hidden Manage Custom Parsers dialog in the TMF > Projects view menu...

You shouldn't need to enable any wizard in the plugin.xml file if you have the org.eclipse.linuxtools.tmf.ui plugin installed.

Let me know if you have any other issues or need help with the many undocumented features ;)

Patrick