Re: [linuxtools-dev] perf plug-in source code

On 05/25/2011 11:13 AM, Maynard Johnson wrote:
> Corey Ashford wrote:
>> Just an update on the status of this code.
>>
>> We got ahold of the source code from the developers in Australia, and
>> it's now controlled in our local git tree.
> Corey, does this plugin simply parse the text output of perf report?

Well, it's similar in function to the oprofile plug-in.  Lots of code
was taken from the OProfile plug-in, actually.  It has tabs where you
can add whatever events you want, including tracepoints, kernel events,
software events, etc.

As stated earlier, though, you can select those other events (instead of
the defaults), but if you do, you don't get any results.  It's some sort
of bug.

I don't think it has any ability to run as "perf stat", only "perf
record / perf report".

- Corey

Back to the top