Re: [linuxtools-dev] new Linux Tools plug-in idea

On 03/31/2011 06:48 AM, Andrew Overholt wrote:
>> I've been tossing around the idea in my head about a nice little plug-in
>> to add to the Linux tools suite is CDT C project creation wizard that
>> automates the steps shown here:
>>
>> http://wiki.eclipse.org/HowTo_use_the_CDT_to_navigate_Linux_kernel_source
>
> Sounds neat.  You could even automate the git clone if you want.

One problem there is that you have to configure the kernel before the
CDT can index the source correctly; it needs to have access to the
include/generated/autoconf.h file, which is generated by "make
menuconfig" after having copied in the correct starting config file to
.config.

- Corey

Back to the top