[linuxtools-dev] Linux Tools Next release questions

Hi everyone,
Now that 0.7 is out we should start planning for our next release that will be
part of Indigo train. Here are few things to consider:
* Is is going to be called 0.8?
* We should start the release process really early this time so we can be a
proper part of the release train. Does anyeone volunteer to drive it?
* Always set the Target Milestone in bugzilla. This will make it really easier
for releng and we will even have a better list of what was done for the next
release.
* Write your N&N at the time you commit the new feature, not right before
release. Linux Tools 0.7 N&N are really poor despite the fact there was a lot
of work in it. As soon as we agree that it's gonna be 0.8 or smth else I'll
create new folder for the next release N&N so we can get it early.
* Keep your userguides uptodate.
* Update your subproject pages. I know we are developing specific tools and
none of us is supposed to be good in creating web pages but the fact that
these are specific tools demands more from us to make them easier to find and
use. (I know the subprojects I work on are one of the worst in this area but
we have to try :).
* Add your own here!

P.S. These are things we all know but we have to start
writing/discussing/improving things in order to have an outstanding Indigo
release.

Regars,
Alex

Back to the top