Re: [linuxtools-dev] Eclipse Build 0.6.0?

Am Dienstag, den 10.08.2010, 16:33 -0400 schrieb Matt Whitlock:
> On Tuesday, 10 August 2010, at 9:52 am, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> > * Matt Whitlock <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2010-08-09 21:19]:
> > > After bringing all the dependencies up to date and jumping through the usual hoops, I get hit with this:
> >
> > :)  Is there something you propose to make "the usual hoops" less
> > arduous?
>
> Currently, the Gentoo ebuild goes through these steps to build Eclipse:
>
> 	1. Set buildArch in build.properties. (Merely specifying it on the command line to ant results in a build failure.)

"ant -DbuildArch=<arch>" (replace the <arch> with your architecture)
should work. Otherwise it's a bug in eclipse-build.

> 	13. Create the launcher script and the desktop menu entry.

Doesn't "ant install" do the job for you?

> The modified build process described above is the culmination of at least 40 hours of my own work.

Only 40 hours? It took much longer to get it working in Debian/Ubuntu.

--
Benjamin Drung
Ubuntu Developer (www.ubuntu.com) | Debian Maintainer (www.debian.org)