Re: [linuxtools-dev] lttng viewer: time view correlation to control flow/resources view

Hi

As far as I know (correct me if I am wrong Francois), the timeframe view
is (slowly) moving out in favor of the HistogramView.
The idea of the HistogramView is to give a way for the use to position
itself visually on the full experiment. It is also possible to control
the size/position of the time window the user look at and where is the
currently selected event in this window. Of course, its a Histogram, so
it also tell the user where most event are located in the Experiment.
There is some bugs left but it should be pretty much stable it should
phase out the Timeframe View soon. Also, in the future there will be a
way to turn off its visual output; when off the behavior would be pretty
much what the TFV has right now.

About the connectivity, the goal is to have something that act exactly
the same as LTTv. A lot of thing changed and the synchronization code in
the trunk is a bit out-dated.
The latest code would be in the branches "provider". Using this branch,
the HistogramView and the ControlFlowView should be able to sync each
other... You might want to try it to see the new way, but we still have
some bug and issue to solve, especially about locking.
We hope to merge it into the trunk soon, thought.

So about your questions :
1. The "sync" button no longer exists as all the view should always be
synced together (at least for now).

2. Now, all the view should be synced together, so yes, what you get in
the Histogram should be what you look at in all the other views.

I hope it answers.

- William