[linuxtools-dev] Helios endgame plans

Hi,

It's getting very close to the Helios release date.  We have to wind
down commits to avoid risky changes.  New feature work should all be
done on branches.  I will branch trunk for Helios on Monday May 10th to
ensure we are consciously putting fixes into our Helios contribution.

Committers, please take some time to do the following:

- test, test, test!  We need to ensure that the Helios update site
  contains what we want to ship.  Please ensure you are running with 3.6
  M7 or later and testing against your Helios dependencies.

  http://download.eclipse.org/releases/helios/
  http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/

- test the EPP package including our stuff.  The M7 package is available
  here (Ctrl-f for 'linuxtools'):

  http://build.eclipse.org/technology/epp/epp_build/36/download/20100506-1017

- by May 14th, look at the ramp down plan and make suggestions as you
  see fit:

  http://wiki.eclipse.org/Linux_Tools_Project/HeliosRampDown

- by May 20th, email me a brief summary of what has changed in 0.6 so
  that I can put together the documentation for the release
- by May 20th, write 0.6 new and noteworthy items and take screenshots;
  new-0.6 is set up as a template in our www/linuxtools CVS repository [1]
- by May 27th, triage open bugs, marking those that can be fixed for 0.6
  with a target milestone of 0.6 setting the others to either 0.6.1 or
  the blank option.  There are currently 42 open bugs targetted at 0.6:

  http://ur1.ca/zit3

As always, if there are any questions, just respond here and ask.

Thanks,

Andrew

[1]
:ext:commiterId@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/org.eclipse