Re: [linuxtools-dev] Move to git?

One wrinkle here from a build POV would be switching from having the build fetch sources via PDE to simply using what's in the workspace, prefetched by the Hudson Git plugin.

This kind of breaks the use of maps to define tags for individual plugins, so if you guys are doing that, then there may be a workflow change needed. If you only ever tag/branch the whole repo (or at least each whole component) when it's time to do a milestone or release, then no worries - you would simply update the URL(s) used by the Hudson job to fetch sources, and point localSourceCheckoutDir at the ${WORKSPACE}/path/to/sources/ to get it to find your code.

The added bonus is that sources in the workspace used to decide if a build needs to happen (continuous integration) would be reused at build time, rather than being freshly refetched. You gain speed at the cost of the certainty that you're building from exactly what the map(s) say to use.

Hope that makes sense...