Re: [linux-distros-dev] auto-provides and requires for OSGi packages

If it helps, note that the manifests are directly available in the Orbit
repository thus saving you the extraction / injection.

PaScaL

             Andrew Overholt
             <overholt@redhat.
             Sent by:                  Ben Konrath <bkonrath@xxxxxxxxxx>
             linux-distros-dev                                          cc
             -bounces@eclipse.         fedora-devel-java-list@xxxxxxxxxx,
             org                       linux-distros-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [linux-distros-dev]
             03/28/2007 08:13          auto-provides and requires for OSGi
             PM                        packages

Hi,

On Wed, 2007-28-03 at 13:45 +0900, Ben Konrath wrote:
> * add the OSGi bundle from Orbit as an additional source to the rpm
> * build the jar like normal
> * extract and inject the OSGi Manifest to the original jar

I think this is the only practical approach, but you should probably
discuss it with others like Deepak or Fernando.  Ideally upstream would
include this data so it'd be great if we could ask the various package
maintainers to speak with their upstream counterparts about the
situation.

> We might want to include a symlink
> in /usr/share/java for the bundle notation that is used Orbit but I'm
> not convinced it would be useful at this point. For the Eclipse build
> I'm just going to add a symlink to the regular jar
> in /usr/share/eclipse/plugins with the Orbit bundle name.

I agree.

Thanks,

Andrew
(See attached file: signature.asc)