Re: [lepido-dev] Technology PMC Project Review

Wayne Beaton wrote:
Based on our review of activity in Bugzilla, the mailing list, and news group, it does not appear that the project is currently active. There does not appear to have been any code checked into CVS for some time. Is there ongoing activity in the Lepido project? Is it time to archive the project, or is there something that we in the Technology PMC can do to help reinvigorate it?

A review of the newsgroup would similarly reveal almost no activity. In
fact the most recent posts go unanswered, other than by myself (but I'm not a committer).

There are also outstanding patches, admittedly, only one, but that is
50% of the donated patches since the projet started.

I believe one of the problems with this project is that people just want
to use it and the code, as it stands, is not really usable, although it
could be with just a little polishing. Withut committers who are committed to doing that polishing and stimulating the community it will never become what it promises to be.

My conclusion...

The project is dead with respect to active developers, but not dead with
respect to interest. I for one am still very interested in the
intentions of this project. However, time is against me right now, as I
suspect it is for all parties named on the original proposal.

Unfortuantely, interest is of no use unless
someone finds the time to work on things. I'd like to see the project
revived, but who can provide the necessary time and oversight?

Ross

Back to the top