Re: [lepido-dev] Auto Generating forms from XSD

Sylvain Wallez wrote:
Ross Gardler wrote:

Sylvain Wallez wrote:

It's time to ping them about this :-) Arje, Max, what about this stuff?

If nothing comes up here I'll ask on the Cocoon dev lists, obviously we need to collaborate on this.

Yup. Such tools may also have a command-line interface, so we have to decide if Lepido hosts the whole thing (including the CLI) or if it limits itself to a nice front-end to something that is shipped with Cocoon.

On the Burrokeet project (which is, essentially, an Eclipse front end to Forrest) we have written most of the file preparations and suchlike in ANT, this means that the really work gets committed to Forrest as a command line tool.

It's slower, but allows for more rapid development as we can draw on two communities.

Up to now, there has been no tools in Cocoon, so Lepido may be the place for them. From a marketing POV also, providing CLI tools may be a way to attract people that are still reluctant to using Eclipse :-)

exactly

Ross

Back to the top