Von: Ralph Soika [mailto:Ralph.Soika@xxxxxxxxx]
Gesendet: 17 August 2009 09:57
An: Florian Lautenbacher
Cc: 'Java Workflow Toolbox'
Betreff: Re: AW: Extending the BPMN Modeler with a custom plugin

Hi Florian,

thanks for you reply.
I read the article about BPMN in the current eclipse magazin and thought
"why not extending the SOA BPMN Modeler plugin?"
We use BPMN in most customers projects in conjunction with our Imixs
Modeler. And BPMN seems really be something what customers can follow very
easy. So why not integrating directly into a BPMN Modeler.
For me as an underdog concerning the Eclipse Foundation its not easy to get
the overlook which plugins are connected together. I read about that your
JWT will maybe join the SOA BPMN Project? But its really hard to get the
overview with all the plugins and development during the Eclispe Ganymede /
Galileo.

As I am mainly focusing on developing a JEE based Workflow System (and the
current version becomes really cool -
http://workflow.imixs.org/doc/jee/) I can not investigate to much time in
eclipse development :-(

So this is the reason why I am still watching and did not start a new
Implementation of the Imixs Modeler yet.

So what did you think about the cohesion between SOA BPMN project and the
JWT Project?

best regards
Ralph

Florian Lautenbacher schrieb:
> Hi Ralph,
>
> I've seen your message to the STP mailing list. I know that our project
JWT

http://www-02.imixs.com:8081/roller/imixsworkflow/resource/ix-modeler/eclips
> e_2-6_02.gif
>
> we provide a lot of "org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed.propertyTabs"
> My goal is to obtain these classes. What I whant to do is to add a new
> visual element which should occur on the outgoingEdge from a  bpmn
Activity.
> When the user selects this element the Imixs Propety Tabs should be
> available in the property view. So the user can add the technical
> informations for the Imxis Workflow System to a specific edge outgoing
from
> an activity.
>
> How is it possible to extend the behavior of an sequenceEdge element in a
> way that it includes an additional visual element and that the property
Tabs

--
Imixs ...extends the way people work together
Imixs is an open source company Read more:

Back to the top